- 2,882 newly constructed or rehabilitated homes
- $285M financing assembled, mainly through Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Green Communities© and universal design
- Strategic targeting for neighborhood stabilization
- Home buyer education & counseling
The Lease Purchase
program is CHN’s flag-ship program. In 1987 CHN was the first organization in the country to link Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) with the development of large-scale affordable homeownership opportunities. Today, we manage one of the largest and most successful LIHTC-based Lease Purchase models in the country.
Our specialty is analyzing neighborhoods that have potential for market recovery—then determining how best to stabilize and improve the area through targeted redevelopment, using a combination of for-sale and lease purchase models. We look for strategic markets with potential, strong community planning, wide support, natural and man-made assets.
CHN offers its development services for single-family Lease Purchase, typically designed for low- and moderate-income families who cannot otherwise purchase a home. Our experience in this arena includes: